MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT OFFICE COMPATIBILITY PACK FOR WORD, EXCEL, AND POWERPOINT
2007 FILE FORMATS
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or
based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read
them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the
media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any
• Internet-based services, and
• support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so,
those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT
THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use any number of
copies of the software on your devices.
2. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This
agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft
reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more
rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as
expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply
with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to
use it in certain ways. You may not
• work around any technical limitations in the software;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and
only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this
• make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or
allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
• publish the software for others to copy;
• rent, lease or lend the software;
• transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
• use the software for commercial software hosting services.
3. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You
may use it only to reinstall the software.
4. FONT COMPONENTS. You may use the fonts that accompany this
software only to display and print content from a device running a
Microsoft Windows operating system. Additionally, you may only
• embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions in
the fonts; and
• when printing content, temporarily download them to a printer or
other output device.
You may not copy, install or use the fonts on other devices.
5. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer
or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your
internal, reference purposes.
6. TRANSFER TO ANOTHER DEVICE. You may uninstall the software and
install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share
this license between devices.
7. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States
export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and
international export laws and regulations that apply to the software.
These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end
use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
8. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is "as is," we may not
provide support services for it.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements,
updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use,
are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
10. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States,
Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and
applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws
principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other
claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair
competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any
other country, the laws of that country apply.
11. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You
may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also
have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the
software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws
of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED "AS-IS." YOU
BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES,
GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS
UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE
EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
13. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. YOU CAN
RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO
U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING
CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to
• anything related to the software, services, content (including code)
on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
• claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or
condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the
possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not
apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or
limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.